The Vall d’Àssua offers a privileged environment to discover mountain villages that still preserve their authenticity and the most genuine spirit of the Pyrenees. Besides, the region of Pallars Sobirà also offers many examples of Romanesque architecture and other historical interesting sites.
Altron is one of these villages. Just next to the hostal you will find a small artisan cheesery called La peça d’Altron that is worth visiting.
Concerning nature, we count on The National Park of Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici and The Natural Park of l’Alt Pirineu. They both are very near the Hostal. The National Park through the village of Llessui is 5km far from the Hostal and through the entrance of Espot is 35 km far. Our region is ideal for trekking, hiking, horse riding, and many other activities surrounded by nature. If what you love are high emotions, within easy reach you can choice from a wide range of adventure sports such as white-water rafting down the river Noguera Pallaresa, kayaking or climbing, as well as winter sports like skiing, snowboard or excursions with snowshoes. Ski resorts of Port-Ainé and Espot Esquí are about a half an hour far from Altron. We can provide you with ski passes.
- Walking from Altron to Rialp and back on foot or riding.
- Hiking around the Valley of Àssua with the choice of following a literary route.
- Cross-country mountain car trip through the mountain of Llessui ending in Espot (National Park).
- Cross-country through the mountain of Llessui to the Vall Fosca and ending in Estany Gento (4×4).
- To the Vall Cardós, Vall d’Àneu, Vall Farrera, Batlliu, Baix Pallars, the top of La Bonaigua, Vall d’Aran, to Andorra, etc.
- In summer on quad or horse
- By all terrain vehicles
- In winter on snowmobile or snowshoes
- You can practise skiing at Port Ainé, Espot and Tavascan ski resorts.
- Hunting and fishing
- Bird watching